Thank you for engaging United Trade Links to carry out your terracotta roof restoration works
Congratulations! You obviously understand your
roof’s importance in the structural integrity of your property. In this
document, we will set out what you can expect from our company and the process,
and what is expected of you. Our aim is to delight you with the best quality
workmanship, with minimal intrusion into your daily life.
Please take the time to read this document thoroughly as it contains important information.
United Trade Links
Your peace of
mind means everything to us
For more than 25 years, United Trade Links has
provided Australian homeowners with services that maintain their property in
excellent condition. Throughout our operations, we promise our customers complete
satisfaction and offer the following assurances:
- Transparent quotations – We always provide our customers with a written quotation outlining in full what was agreed upon (which may or may not be exactly as outlined below in The Process).We are always happy to answer any questions so that you have a clear understanding of the entire process.
- Before and after photos – We believe it’s very important for you to understand the condition of your roof and why the works are needed. We take comprehensive inspection photos before quoting and more photos once the job is completed so you can see what has been done.
- Bid and timeline – You deserve to know in advance what you’re paying for and the expected timeline for the work that will be carried out.
- Qualified and experienced roofers – United Trade Links only employs qualified and experienced tradespeople.
- Fully licensed – Enjoy peace of mind knowing that we hold current builders’ licenses in New South Wales, the ACT and Queensland.
- Fully insured – United Trade Links is fully insured to carry out works on your property. We carry $20 million public liability insurance and all our tradespeople are insured.
- Professional memberships – We are proud to be members of the Master Builders Association and Housing Industry Australia.
Our reputation is built on the way we act with
integrity, skill and honesty and we look forward to demonstrating our values to
WHAT YOU CAN
EXPECT FROM US DURING YOUR ROOF RESTORATION PROJECT
We have set out below the general process
involved in repairing or replacing your terracotta tile roof. Your assigned
roofing contractor will be happy to explain the full process to you,
particularly as it involves your actual roof.
- Roof inspection– A33-point roof inspection reveals all. We identify loose or broken tiles and gutters, moss and lichen, water damage, damaged flashing, valley and ridges, pointing/bedding and any other damaged areas that may need to be repaired.
- Roof and gutter cleaning –Asidefrom being unsightly, a dirty roof leads to deterioration of its condition. Our high-pressure cleaning process removes dirt, moss, lichen and algae. This gives us an accurate picture of any existing damage that needs to be repaired. Your gutters will be cleared of debris and cleaned as well.
- Repair/replace – On terracotta roofs, we repair or replace any roofing elements that are not in adequate condition. Every job is different and may require any or all of the following tasks:
- Remove and replace any damaged tiles and faulty valley irons.
- Remove and replace any loose or missing bedding.
- Install new gutters.
- Repair or replace damaged gutters and downpipes.
- Repair or replace damaged flashing, valley and ridges.
- Repair any leaks.
- Ridge capping –Full repointing and re-bedding of any loose caps. We ensure proper joining of any loose tiles to protect from dislodging and leaking.
- Element protection – The roof and guttering are rinsed off, ready for a coating of MouldRid antifungal which inhibits mould growth.
- Final clean – Before spraying the roof, we give it another good clean to ensure it is ideal for the application of the coating.
- Steriliser– Before re-coating the roof, any fungal and algal spoilage must be treated. We use a specialised product to treat the whole roof before proceeding further.
- Primer – We apply a water-based, solvent-free primer to the roof, which is specifically designed for terracotta tiles. It provides superior adhesion-enhancing properties which ensure that the next two coats have the best possible base.
- –Two coats of roof membrane (more, if necessary) are applied to encapsulate the surface. This provides the ultimate protection, durability and weatherproofing.
- Protective membrane – We apply two generous coats of
roof membrane in your choice of colour.
- Clear glaze coating – An optional coat of clear glaze
coating is applied to the tiles to give them a glossy appearance.
- Final roof inspection – A United Trade Links supervisor
will visit the site to perform a final roof inspection to ensure that the work
has been completed to our usual high standards.
- Rubbish removal – We remove all rubbish related to
the job from your property upon completion of the project.
All the roof sealers, membranes and other
materials we use have been specifically formulated to protect your roof from
harsh Australian conditions. Warranty of all materials is administered by our
suppliers and not by United Trade Links.
Upon completion of your roof restoration, we
will provide you with a collection of documents outlining the brands, materials
and colours used. If you experience any issues with the materials, you must
make contact with the manufacturer directly.
The integrity of the roof of your home is vital
in protecting you against the elements. United Trade Links guarantees the
quality of workmanship we provide. If you are not satisfied with the work once
completed, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU DURING YOUR TERRACOTTA ROOF RESTORATION PROJECT
Roof restoration is a specialised task that
requires due attention paid to safety and to the protection of your home,
possessions and family. Kindly read the following before works commence.
- Material selection – This is the customer’s
responsibility. We will provide you with all the appropriate information to
choose from and we require you to advise us of the specifics of colours, brands
and materials via email or text before commencement.
- –Your tile selection may not be available or may have been discontinued.
We will advise as soon as possible so that you can make an alternative
selection. Please note that we are not restricted to any particular brand; you
can choose whichever brand you desire.
- Onsite parking – We require an area on site to park
United Trade Links vehicles, space for materials storage and an area where
discarded materials can be placed until we remove them upon completion of the
project. Please determine where these areas will be before the tradespeople
arrive to commence work.
- Adult present – An adult, preferably the
homeowner who has engaged United Trade Links must always be on site at the home
- Water availability – Water must be available for use by
United Trade Links throughout our time on site. We will require access to an
- Secure external water entry points – All windows, doors
and other entry points must be firmly closed before works can commence.
- Relocate vulnerable items – Please relocate any items of
value such as vehicles and outdoor furniture that may be damaged by water or
contaminants from the roof. If you have a swimming pool, we recommend covering
it if possible.
- Noise and mess – The use of high-pressure cleaning
machines and other equipment means there will be noise and some mess.
Unfortunately, the noise is unavoidable however we will keep it to a minimum.
We will clean up any mess upon completion of the job.
- Advise neighbours – It is up to you to inform all
adjacent neighbours (each side and to the rear or front of your property) of
noise and mess. Please advise them to remove washing from outdoor lines and to
close windows, etc.
- Water leakage – Some water leakage may occur during
the initial cleaning of your roof, depending on its condition and any
visibility issues due to contaminant build-up. It is your responsibility as the
homeowner to check for this occurrence and to advise the operator immediately
so that steps can be taken to prevent further leakage. United Trade Links is
not responsible for any leaks caused by existing roof damage.
You are reading this document because you have
accepted United Trade Links’ quotation to proceed with your roof restoration
works. It is your responsibility as the customer to fully read and comprehend
the information in its entirety. If you are unsure about anything or would like
to discuss the contents, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
forward to completing your roof restoration project to your 100% satisfaction.